The Green Earth is looking for a teammate.
- Manager/Senior Manager (Corporate Engagement)
(contract period: from now to August 2023, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability)
“Cherish the Earth” is our core value. The Green Earth believes that by igniting green energy throughout our community, we turn Hong Kong into a healthy green city. We love diversified intervention, walking together as companions, to establishing a sustainable living environment for this and future generations.
Join our fight to bring pleasant sleeping environments to people-in-need as everyone deserves a quality sleep every night. Currently, Hong Kong has no sound policies for controlling the most intrusive kind of light pollution—light trespass. Together, we quantify light trespass in our city and figure out a generally acceptable level and possible mitigation measures.
Scope of work:
To mainly work on The Green Earth's light pollution research project, tasks including:
- Plan and perform computer simulation of light trespass in selected sites
- Perform outdoor environmental investigation and data analysis
- Correlate simulation models with the on-site measurement data
- Assist in communication and community education work
- Other research-related duties as assigned
- Had a strong belief that your work can improve our environment
- Agree with the vision and missions of The Green Earth (https://greenearth.org.hk)
- Applicants with experience in environmental pollution modelling and on-site measurement is preferred
- Applicants with the knowledge of DIALux, GIS and AutoCAD is preferred
- Basic understanding of light pollution/noise pollution calculation methods
- Those who know how to use professional-grade cameras for night photography and Photoshop to edit photos are advantageous
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree or above in Environmental Engineering/Science/Management/Technology, Geography, Sustainability, Physics or Mathematics. Part-time Master’s students are also welcome
- Good command of both verbal and written Chinese and English
- Good communication skills, able to work independently
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese characters input
- It is necessary to work in non-regular hours in the evenings, weekends or public holidays
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, current and expected salary, and email to [email protected].
The personal data collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. Suitable candidates will receive an email/phone interview invitation within two weeks after the application.
Manager/Senior Manager (Corporate Engagement)
The Green Earth (TGE), a local green charity, is looking for a new teammate who is passionate and capable to advocate some of the most pressing environmental issues
Key objectives of the post
Work closely with Executive Director to
- Deliver the organization’s mission and vision through corporate engagement, and bring tangible environmental improvement
- Engage our corporate partners to identify needs for green support in order to develop engagement strategies and programmes for the business sector and oversee the project delivery for achieving environmental benefits
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of sustainability and ESG
- Liaise with corporate partners and potential funders/long-term donors to maintain good relationships
- Raise the profile of TGE further in society
- Passionate about making a difference to the environment. Had a strong belief to the vision and mission of The Green Earth (https://greenearth.org.hk)
- Experienced in environmental topics such as climate change, waste management and/or ESG
- A Bachelor's degree or above in relevant disciplines, preferably in environmental or other management related disciplines
- At least 5 years of working experience in manager grade position
- With experience in environmental work, social innovation or NGO
- Good leadership and good team player
- Good command in written and spoken Chinese and English
- Had good connections in the business sector is advantageous
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Processing
Interested candidates may submit your cover letter, full resume with the current and expected salary via email ([email protected]) .
The personal data collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. Suitable candidates will receive an email/phone interview invitation within two weeks after the application deadline.